Watch this. Be offended. Speak up.
Inform yourself.We can begin by making ourselves more aware of how our religious liberty is threatened. Go to the Religious Liberty page of the USCCB website, and read about it. Bishop Soto also encourages the faithful to read the latest Catholic Herald special report on Religious Freedom.
- Share this post with your friends and family, and ask them to do the same with others they know.
- Know who your elected representatives are, and write to them about your concerns.
- Go to the USCCB action center and see what petitions regarding religious pending need your help.
Mark your calendar.
- June 9, 2012 – Eucharistic procession on the Feast of Corpus Christi, following the 5pm vigil celebration at the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament. Bishop Soto will personally lead the procession, with stations of adoration along the way.
- June 21 – July 4 – A Fortnight for Freedom, the fourteen days from June 21—the vigil of the Feasts of St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More—to July 4, Independence Day, be dedicated to this “fortnight for freedom”—a great hymn of prayer for our country.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, you have given the world its true light, Jesus, your Son – the Son of God. You abandoned yourself completely to God’s call and thus became a wellspring of the goodness which flows forth from him.
Show us Jesus. Lead us to him. Teach us to know and love him, so that we too can become capable of true love and be fountains of living water in the midst of a thirsting world.