“The Gospel of life is at the heart of Jesus’ message. Lovingly received day after day by the Church, it is to be preached with dauntless fidelity as “good news” to the people of every age and culture.”
– Bl. John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae, 1
“The bishops of the United States have designated today as a day of penance for violations to the dignity of the human person committed through acts of abortion and of prayer for the full restoration of the legal guarantee of the right to life.”
In keeping with having today a Day of Prayer and Penance, what can we do?
– Go to Mass
– Peacefully praying outside of an abortion clinic
– Praying a rosary or chaplet for the unborn
– Praying for those who have been wounded by abortion
– Visiting and praying before the Blessed Sacrament
– Reading and reflecting on Pope John Paul II’s Evangelium Vitae in full
– Becoming involved with a pro-life group
– Write about, or share posts on the issues of life, and post it to your blog,
facebook and/or twitter
What are you doing today, to witness to the gift of life?