As All Saints Day comes to a close, I find myself reminiscing how beautiful of a feast it is, and my fond memories of walking through Saint Peter’s Basilica in Rome. I wrote today on Google+:
“(All Saints Day) is the best day of the year to visit St. Peter’s, Rome. All altars are lit in honor of the Saints. Saints of God, pray 4 Us!”
(High Altar with Reliqueries of the Saints – All Saints 2010,
My Canossian community has practiced this tradition for centuries, placing the Saints on the altar to commemorate their heroic lives on their special day:
– St Teresa of Avila, Pray for Us!
– St Stephen Protomartyr, Pray for Us!
– St Josephine Bakhita (Canossian Sister), Pray for Us!
– St Teresa Margaret of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Pray for Us!
– The Holy wood of the Cross of Christ.
– Blessed Anna Maria Taigi, Pray for Us!
– Saint Catherine Laboure, Pray for Us!
– St Magdalene of Canossa (Our Foundress), Pray for Us!