The recent statement, “Our First, Most Cherished Liberty” written on by USCCB is a reminder of what is truly the focus of the HHS Mandate. It is worth the 12-page read. This video reflects the voice the Bishops’ concern, that the HHS Mandate violates our Religious Liberty.
We must first of all, stay faithful in our prayer. Pray for our Bishops. Pray for Congress. Pray for the protection of religious liberty for all citizens.
Let us do our part.
We can begin by making ourselves more aware of how our religious liberty is threatened. Go to the Religious Liberty page of the USCCB website, and read about it. Bishop Soto also encourages the faithful to read the latest Catholic Herald special report on Religious Freedom.
- Share this post with your friends and family, and ask them to do the same with others they know.
- Know who your elected representatives are, and write to them about your concerns.
- Go to the USCCB action center and see what petitions regarding religious pending need your help.
Mark your calendar.
- June 9, 2012 – Eucharistic procession on the Feast of Corpus Christi, following the 5pm vigil celebration at the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament. Bishop Soto will personally lead the procession, with stations of adoration along the way.
- June 21 – July 4 – A Fortnight for Freedom, the fourteen days from June 21—the vigil of the Feasts of St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More—to July 4, Independence Day, be dedicated to this “fortnight for freedom”—a great hymn of prayer for our country.
And pray. We must pray daily for our Bishops and the religious leaders of all denominations that they will be united in the defense of religious liberty in our nation. We must pray for wisdom to know what to do, and for the courage to stand firm in our faith.
May we turn to Mary, who acted with her own free will and became the Mother of God, intercede for us.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
you have given the world its true light,
Jesus, your Son – the Son of God.
You abandoned yourself completely
to God’s call
and thus became a wellspring
of the goodness which flows
forth from him.
Show us Jesus. Lead us to him.
Teach us to know and love him,
so that we too can become
capable of true love
and be fountains of living water
in the midst of a thirsting world.